|Location:||Willenhall, West Midlands|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||£26000 per annum|
|Ref No:||Willenhall 2410|
Hours 08:00 to 17:00
* Matching customer orders and requirements to available suitable resources.
* Assigns resources to drivers and instructs drivers accordingly.
* Prepares schedules indicating times of arrival and departure of vehicles.
* Order entry.
* Driver debrief.
* Regularly update in-house computer systems.
* Communicates / Interacts on a regular basis with drivers, contract managers, other internal departments and Sub Contractors.
* Prepares and adheres to weekly list of vehicles and tankers for Service / MOT as per Company schedule and Defect procedure.
* Monitors and complies with Working Time Directive and drivers hours rules & regulations.
* Notify customers and process additional cost claims as per the depot procedure.
* Provides cover for other members of the transport office team.
The successful candidate will have significant traffic office experience preferably gained within the logistics sector. Previous experience of dealing with the transportation of bulk liquids would be beneficial.
* Able to organise work load in a consistent and methodical way.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, a relationship builder and a strong communicator.
* Ability to plan, prioritise, work to deadlines, without supervision and on their own initiative.
* High levels of drive and enthusiasm.
* Meticulous in their approach.
* Dynamic and proactive.
* Good team player.
* Numerate and IT literate.
* Experience of Microsoft Office would be advantageous.
* Good understanding of operations.
* Learns quickly, able to develop a good knowledge of the organisation and its people
A CPC qualification would be a distinct advantage. The candidate will be of a good standard of education with a strong working knowledge of software packages. Exceptional planning and prioritising skills and ideally coming from a busy traffic office background.
Commercial Focus: Driving efficiencies through understanding the business and its different functions, roles and responsibilities.
Integrity: Takes ownership and commits to the delivery of individual, team and business results.
Personal Responsibility: Recognising opportunities, being proactive and seeking solutions, looking beyond the immediate situation to the broader business impact.
Team Work: Builds effective working relationships within own work-group, internal and external customers.
We are transport recruitment specialists with over 100 years combined experience. We make it our priority to recruit safe, professional, mature and responsible staff.
How to apply
Please apply now via the job site, email cv and covering letter
Phone 0115 871 2989 and quote job reference Willenhall 2410
Use this link to share this page on your favourite social media site