|Salary:||£26350 - £40500 per annum + nights away paid extra|
Full Time HGV Class 1 Tramper Driver
Working from the Operating Centre Located in Swadlincote DE11
Flexi-Driver to support vehicle utilisation
This position is for a "Flexi" driver which involves being based in Swadlincote and being provided a compnay vehicle to give the driver the flexibilty to go to another depot and collect the tractor unit and trailer from there. The shifts are normally Mon - Fri with some Saturday or Sunday shifts required. The role is tramping so you would be expexcted night out all week.
Company vehicle provided (with fuel for personal use)
Flexi-Driver payment +£100 weekly
Basic £9.25 ph
Sat & Sun £11.25
Sat & Sun Nights £12.25
Meal allowance £10.00 per day tax free
Nights Away £22.50
Days Holiday 28
Pension/ Death in Service
Guaranteed Minimum 50 Hours per week/ shift pattern
Salary expectations are: between £31550 for min 50 hours (no nights away) to £40500 for 60 hours and x4 nights away weekly.
If your preference is not to take company vehicle, business mileage can be paid.
If your preference is not to take 'flexi' agreement; fixed rota tramping is available.
Operating from depots in Worksop, St Neots, Swadlincote, Uddingston, Erith, Wincham, Dagenham, Oldbury; Grimsby, Runcorn and Rugby our client specialises in Primarily Construction based logistics Delivery of - Precast Concrete / Tower Crane Sections / Plant (Lighting Towers up to 30T Excavators) / Modular Buildings / Aggregates / Formwork (Scaffolding / Fencing etc) and Mixers
Vehicles & Fleet
Scania fleet with both automatic and manual gearboxes, coupled with flat-bed trailers up to 44 tonnes
Duties, Responsibilities and Required Skills
- Moving concrete fabrications, small plant and tower crane sections
- Inter-depot trunking and site deliveries
- Be able to work in an unsupervised environment
- Maintain high industry standards of safety, health and security
- Uphold legal compliance for road transport legislation
- Have construction site knowledge (desirable)
- Will benefit from previous flat-bed experience and load security (desirable, as some high, wide or long loads may exist)
- Have a responsible attitude.
- Be minimum 25 years old with a minimum 2 years HGV 1 licence (Our client is willing to recruit younger drivers if you can demonstrate a safe, sensible, responsible and mature character)
- Have no greater than 6 points on your HGV / LGV licence
- Significant London driving experience required as many deliveries are city centre locations
Appropriate training, safe systems of work, safe operating procedures and extensive on-the-job training are all provided.
How to apply
Please apply now via the job site or email cv and covering letter
PDRS are driver recruitment & transport specialists with over 100 years combined experience. We make it our priority to recruit safe, professional, mature and responsible drivers.
Phone 0115 871 2989 and quote job reference BBBH20181217
Use this link to share this page on your favourite social media site