|Salary:||£26000 - £27000 per annum + Overtime available|
HGV LGV Workshop Technician - Scunthorpe
We are currently recruiting for HGV LGV Workshop Technicians to join an existing team in Scunthorpe, Lincs
The role of the HGV Technician is to carry out all aspects of maintenance, including servicing, inspection, repair, MOT preparation and breakdowns whilst maintaining the company's high service levels in health & safety, safe systems of work and pride in the fleet.
Required skills and experiences
- Completion of servicing and repair of vehicles and trailers to MOT standard.
- Maintain a high level of understanding of Legal Compliance and standards of Road-worthiness.
- Ensure workshop tasks are completed in an efficient manner to the required standard.
- Have the ability to work unsupervised with a high level of self-motivation.
- Be able to complete inspection documents, job sheets and timesheets to the highest standard.
- Have a strong commitment to health and safety.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with customers and employees of all levels.
- Maintain a 'can do attitude' and problem solving skills.
- A level of IT literacy is required (training of in-house system will be given)
It's essential for this role that you are a qualified Vehicle Technician, preferably level 3 but not essential. Previous HGV and trailer maintenance is also an essential. Tanker experience would be beneficial as are HGV / LGV and ADR licences.
This is a full time permanent employment opportunity
- Monday to Friday
- Rota Saturdays once every three weeks
- Average working 45 hours per week
- Annual salary £27k
- Overtime shifts available as and when required (paid at x 1.5 or x 2.0)
- 28 days paid leave
- Company pension contributions and life assurance for all employees
- Structured growth through continued investment
- Great training and career development opportunities
Operating in Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia sectors transporting chemical, gas, fuel and foodstuff. Provide all aspects of tank container, road tanker, and combined transport services and provide supporting activities which include fleet management, warehousing, drumming and on-site logistics.
We are recruiting for the operating centre located in Scunthorpe
We are transport recruitment specialists with over 100 years combined recruitment experience. We make it our priority to recruit safe, professional, mature and responsible people.
How to apply
Please contact apply now via the job site or email CV and covering letter
Phone 0115 871 2989 and quote job reference BBBH36200218
Use this link to share this page on your favourite social media site