|Salary:||£35000 - £40000 per annum|
Senior Traffic / Transport Planner
Upto c£40k pa
Once successful you will be required to take responsibility for managing fleet workload, maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders, coordinate with the operations team, be measured by vehicle utilisation & profitability as well as achievement of individual customer requirements and KPI's
- To optimise planning of allocated vehicles vs human resources
- Work with the planning team to maintain trailer availability and deliver the plan
- Maximise vehicle utilisation
- Manage working relationship with stakeholders
- Maintain liaisons with operations team
- Coordinate with the wider planning team to ensure all jobs are covered and customers satisfied
- Achieve key KPI measures including; Revenue Per Truck, Revenue Per Mile, % Empty Running etc
- Keep and maintain overall achievement & departmental targets
- Maintain 100% compliance with processes related to systems, invoicing and job completion
You will be focused solely on planning of the general fleet, maximising revenue and utilisation of their designated vehicles and staff. This will need to be delivered whilst ensuring coordination with the wider planning team and ensuring all customer loads are covered and requirements delivered.
Other key areas of impact will be working alongside the operations team where the role holder will be required to coordinate fleet utilisation, vehicle maintenance and effectively manage driver resource.
Qualifications & Skills
- Experience in planning vehicles (multiple fleet movements)
- Experience in busy multi-site operations
- Experience with some construction related customer experience (although not essential)
- Have good working relationships with drivers and team members
Good communication skills as well as understanding the transport industry are essential. Knowledge of construction based customers / requirements for project sites would be a big advantage.
The ability to think quickly and manage multiple activities into an overall plan, while coordinating with other stakeholders is key to the success of this role.
- Organised and process driven thinking
- Quick thinking and ability to manage change
- Professional approach
- Team working
- Capable of professional written and verbal communication
- Intermediate IT skills
- Understanding of the rules governing driver working hours
- Knowledge of the transport industry
- Understanding of general business processes relating to the industry
Our client has locations in Barlborough and Worksop and this role maybe placed in either location.
PDRS are driver transport recruitment specialists with over 100 years combined recruitment experience.
For further information, please apply via this web site
Phone 0115 871 2989 and quote job reference BBBH145
Use this link to share this page on your favourite social media site