|Salary:||£30000 - £35000 per annum + overtime, pension, holidays, bonus|
HGV LGV Mechanic, Workshop Technician
We are currently recruiting for an HGV LGV Mechanic, Workshop Technician to join an existing team with our client based near Bingham, Nottingham.
The HGV LGV Mechanic, Workshop Technician will carry out all aspects of maintenance, including servicing, inspection, repair, MOT preparation and breakdowns whilst maintaining the company's high service levels in health & safety, safe systems of work and pride in the fleet.
Required skills and experiences
- Completion of servicing and repair of vehicles and trailers to MOT standard.
- Must hold a full UK driving licence. A category C (Class 2) licence would be advantageous although training may be provided to the suitable applicant.
- Maintain a high level of understanding of Legal Compliance and standards of road-worthiness.
- Must have a minimum of Level 2 NVQ or City & Guilds and experience of working as a mechanic with commercial vehicles.
- Experience of welding, fabrication, diagnostic and problem solving skills with a good eye for detail would be advantageous.
- Ensure workshop tasks are completed in an efficient manner to the required standard.
- Have the ability to work unsupervised with a high level of self-motivation.
- Be able to complete inspection documents, job sheets and time-sheets to the highest standard.
- Have a strong commitment to health and safety.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with customers and employees of all levels.
- A level of IT literacy is required.
Hours & Remuneration
This is a full time permanent employment opportunity
- Monday to Friday, 08.00 - 17.00
- Annual salary £30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
- Overtime paid at time & one half, daily after 9 hours worked
- 30 days holiday entitlement including Bank Holidays and Christmas period.
- Bonus scheme after qualifying period.
- Company pension contributions
- Family business
- PPE & Uniform provided with laundry facilities on-site
- Immediate start
- Able to make job your own
CTRS are transport recruitment specialists with over 100 years combined recruitment experience. We make it our priority to recruit safe, professional, mature and responsible people.
How to apply
Please apply now via this job site with up to date CV and covering letter. Alternatively, please call 0115 871 2989 to discuss in more detail
Phone 0115 871 2989 and quote job reference BBBH187
Use this link to share this page on your favourite social media site