PDRS Ltd are currently recruiting for Class 2 HGV Ready Mix Drivers on behalf of our client based in Avonmouth.
FORS Gold Spec vehicle, MPQC Training fully paid for, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, competitive salary, plus much more!
A leading 3PL company who work in diverse industry sectors such as Construction, Retail, Energy and defence. They currently run a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles over 200 sites. Consistently growing as a market leading company that has now over 17,000 employees. This is a fantastic opportunity to secure your future with a permanent contract with a market leading company.
We are looking for Class 2 HGV Drivers to join our clients ready mix business. The role is delivering ready mix concrete to commercial and private construction sites across the region.
Typical start times are between 06:00am – 08:00am Monday to Friday but this can vary depending on workload and delivery locations. The role requires manual intervention and operation of the mixer, so at times the role can be quite hands on. There is a guaranteed 48 hour contract on offer however an average week may be up to 55 hours depending on work load.
There is an option to increase your earnings by working overtime on Saturdays.
- Take pride in your vehicle and ensure it is cleaned through the working day and after each delivery.
- Complete the daily end of work cleaning procedure on the inside of the mixer drum
- Operate your vehicle efficiently and have a good geographical knowledge of the area
- Be punctual, have good communication skills with our clients and complete relevant paperwork
- Be willing to learn new skills and attend all company training programmes
- Wear driver uniform and PPE to be worn
- Be an ambassador for the company and company brand
- Serve 1 or more depots in the region and be willing to night out when required (this is on rare occasions)
- Hold a HGV Class 1 or 2 Licence for longer than 1 year, valid cpc and tachograph card
- No more than 6 points on your licence
- Be enthusiastic, reliable and customer focused with the ability to maintain positive internal and external customer relationships
- Be punctual, have a good work ethic and have the ability to communicate clearly
- Good Geographical knowledge
- Be willing to learn new skills
Package and Benefits
- £30,737.50 pa – Based on a Class 1 driver working 50 hours per week and achieving the full incentives
- £28,095.70 pa – Based on a Class 2 driver working 50 hours per week and achieving the full incentives
- £15.35 per hour Sunday and Bank Holiday working
- Company van if working from another depot
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Fully paid MPQC qualification
- Guaranteed 48 hour contract
- FORS Gold Spec vehicle
- Paid in-depth induction & training programme
- Full uniform and PPE
- Mineral Products Qualification and SUDs courses (Registered for DCPC) paid for
- Incentives and bonuses paid quarterly (up to £1,600 pa)
- Company benefits including pension, life assurance, loss of licence cover and company share scheme
- Child care vouchers
- RAC discount
- High street, Online Stores and Restaurant Discounts
Interested? Please apply below for immediate consideration.
Job Posted: January 16, 2020
Job Reference: BBBH303_1579167209