HGV 2 Driver, skip, hooklift
PDRS are pleased to offer full time / permanent employment opportunities with a leading health-care logistics company located in the Chatham area of Kent.
Our client is an international leader in waste reclamation and recycling solutions that manages more than two million tons of waste annually, recycling 60% of that waste.
The growth and success of the business is mainly due to their health-care operation, along with an approachable management and friendly team.
To facilitate this expansion, we have an immediate vacancy for a Class 2 Driver with hook-lift/RORO skip experience to work day shifts, based out of the Kent depot.
- Permanent HGV 2 hook-lift/RORO waste skip driver (ADR)
- Transporting waste and using a hook lift vehicle, with a mechanical hook, delivery and exchange of 40 yard RORO skips.
- You’ll develop a good understanding of your route, allowing for an excellent work/life balance
- Learn the sites and be an ambassador for the company.
- Maintain high industry standards of safety, health and security.
- Maintain legal compliance for road transport legislation.
- Be able to work in an unsupervised environment.
- Have a responsible attitude.
Monday to Friday, days
50 hours per week (46.25 working)
Start time: 04.00
Permanent employment offered via agency temp-perm employment:
Hourly rate = £10.93 (equates to approximate salary of £26286 per annum)
Overtime = paid at 1.5 x basic salary after minimum hours worked.
Quarterly Compliance Bonus = £250
Holiday entitlement = 33 days including Bank Holiday
Full package including pension scheme will be discussed at interview.
Required skills and experiences:
- You will have a minimum 2 years current driving on your HGV 2 licence and 180 shifts driven
- You will have no more than 6 points for minor offences
- Experienced in driving Class 2 HGV skip vehicles in built up / local / urban / country areas
- You must have experience in transporting waste and using a hook lift vehicle, with a mechanical hook, delivery and exchange of 40 yard RORO skips.
- Any appropriate PPE will be supplied if needed.
- Valid ADR card (Ideally with Class 6.2 minimum in packages) would be desirable, but not essential.
We are recruiting for the depot located in Kent.
We are driver recruitment & transport specialists with over 100 years combined experience. We make it our priority to recruit safe, professional, mature and responsible drivers.
How to apply:
Please apply immediately via the job site or email CV and covering letter.
Job Posted: October 17, 2019
Job Reference: BBBH259_1571317329