HGV 2 Driver/Supervisor, ADR, nights
PDRS are pleased to offer full time / permanent employment opportunities with a leading healthcare logistics company located in the Chatham area of Kent.
Our client is an international leader in waste reclamation and recycling solutions that manages more than two million tons of waste annually, recycling 60% of that waste.
The growth and success of the business is mainly due to their healthcare operation, along with an approachable management and friendly team.
To facilitate this expansion, we have an immediate vacancy for a Class 2 ADR Driver/Supervisor to work night shifts, based out of the Kent depot.
- Permanent HGV 2 ADR driver/supervisor (healthcare)
- Offered via agency temp-perm employment
- 2-3 daily collections & drops at Healthcare sites across the Kent region
- You’ll develop a good understanding of your route, allowing for an excellent work/life balance
- You will get to know your regular shift start/end times.
- Learn the sites and be an ambassador for the company.
- Loading & unloading carts via the tail lift, manual handling.
- Maintain high industry standards of safety, health and security.
- Maintain legal compliance for road transport legislation.
- Be able to work in an unsupervised environment.
- Have a responsible attitude.
Monday to Friday, nights, with regular runs
50 hours per week (46.25 working)
Start time: may vary slightly depending on daily run schedule.
Permanent employment offered via agency temp-perm employment:
Hourly rate = £11.47 (equates to approximate salary of £27585 per annum)
Overtime = paid at 1.5 x basic salary after minimum hours worked.
Quarterly Compliance Bonus = £250
Holiday entitlement = 33 days including Bank Holiday
Full package including pension scheme will be discussed at interview.
Required skills and experiences:
- You will have a minimum 2 years current driving on your HGV 2 licence and 180 shifts driven
- You will have no more than 6 points for minor offences
- Experienced in driving Class 2 HGV vehicles in built up / local / urban / country areas
- Valid ADR card (Ideally with Class 6.2 minimum in packages).
- Experience in handling waste (Healthcare & Hazardous waste desirable).
- Use of hand held devices .e.g. PDA or similar
- Previous supervisory experience in a similar role
- Any appropriate PPE will be supplied if needed.
We are recruiting for the depot located in Kent.
We are driver recruitment & transport specialists with over 100 years combined experience. We make it our priority to recruit safe, professional, mature and responsible drivers.
How to apply:
Please apply immediately via the job site or email CV and covering letter.
Job Posted: October 10, 2019
Job Reference: BBBH257_1570711966