HGV Class 2 Driver
PDRS are pleased to offer full time opportunities with Leicestershire County Council to work out of the Loughborough Recycling and Household Waste Site, LE11
- The post will involve driving a 32-ton Hook Loader (HGV 2), collecting containers and compactors of waste material from various Recycling and Household Waste Sites (RHWS) in Leicestershire
- The waste will then have to be transported to different disposal sites
- The position will be reporting to the Transport Supervisor who will be delivering haulage operations from the Loughborough Waste Transfer Station
- You will be working alongside an established team of HGV drivers and the Waste Transfer Station Team
- No RORO experience required, but consideration will go to drivers with experience.
- There will also be 1 to 2 weeks mentoring
- Working Hours: Full Time ,
- Usually working 07:00 to 15:00
- Site operates 7 days per week (5 days from 7 rota)
- This role will include working weekends on a rota basis
- Permanent employment and on-going agency offered, PAYE only, no LTD or Umbrella rate is offered.
- Hourly rate = £10.33 (equates to approximate perm salary of £19,947 per annum)
- Overtime = paid at 1.5 x basic salary after 45 hours worked or on 6th shift.
- Total hours per annum will be 40.5 hours and the pay will be based on this figure.
- Annualised Hours – April 1st – September 30th will be summer hours (Haulage staff to work 45 hours per week)
- October 1st – March 31st will be winter hours (Haulage staff to work 36 hours per week)
- Full package will be discussed at interview.
Required skills and experiences:
- You will have a minimum 2 years current driving on your HGV 2 licence and 180 shifts driven
- You will have no more than 6 points for minor offences
- Experienced in driving Class 2 HGV roro skip vehicles in built up / local / urban / country areas
- Experience in transporting waste and using a hook lift vehicle, with a mechanical hook, delivery and exchange of RORO skips would be an advantage.
- Any appropriate PPE will be supplied if needed.
- Knowledge of current HGV Driver Legislation
- Health & Safety, particularly regarding vehicle movements on waste sites and loading containers
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to be flexible to respond to the needs of the service
We are recruiting for the depot located in Loughborough, LE11
We are driver recruitment & transport specialists with over 100 years combined experience. We make it our priority to recruit safe, professional, mature and responsible drivers. We are an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply:
Please apply immediately via the job site or email CV and covering letter.
Job Posted: November 25, 2019
Job Reference: BBBH287_1574701832