HGV Class 1 Tanker Driver
Experienced HGV 1 tanker driver required for ongoing agency work, delivering general purpose liquids return journeys mostly to London area.
Immediate start – Monday to Friday & Saturdays, ongoing year round work..
Recent experience running HGV 1 road tankers is essential.
- Transporting non-hazardous products to disposal sites.
- Most runs will be Newport to Purfleet and return.
- Will involve tramping (up to 4 weeknights out)
- Maintain high industry standards of safety, health and security.
- Maintain legal compliance for road transport legislation.
- Be able to work in an unsupervised environment.
- Have a responsible attitude.
- Monday to Friday & Saturday day shifts, typically 05.00 starts.
- Will be expected to tramp-out.
- Shifts 8 hour minimum although 50-60 hours per week is the norm.
Pay rates: Ltd Company Contractors
- Thu & Fri days: £13.10
- Nights: £14.60
- Saturday: £22.70
- Night outs £26.30 (per occurrence)
PAYE and Umbrella welcome
Required skills and experiences:
- Held your HGV 1 licence for over 2 years, with a minimum 180 shifts worked.
- There will not be more than 6 points on your HGV licence, maximum 2 offences.
- We will not accept any IN, DD, DR or TT driving offences.
- ADR not essential but could be helpful.
- You will have recent bulk liquid tanker experience; appropriate training will be provided along with product familiarisation and ‘product sign off’ where required.
- Full PPE required
Very well-known and national ADR Tanker Distribution Company running out of their client’s site in Newport, South Wales.
Job Posted: October 17, 2020
Job Reference: BBBH332_1602927319