Ongoing vacancy for Transport Clerk / Administrator for a busy transport hub located in Wissington PE33 9QG.
Current rota Monday to Friday 10:00 to 18:00 or 08:00 to 16:00, with immediate start.
Some prior experience of working in a transport office would be an advantage however full training is provided
Job Description for the Role
* Manage day to day operation of site using the onsite team to ensure that all deliveries are made in a timely and accurate fashion.
* Ensure that both fleet and drivers are legally compliant and there is a cultural awareness of H&S on site.
* Maintain the correct level of communication with the business and customer so any issues are dealt with and escalated appropriately.
* Ensure that all paperwork is managed, filed and scanned appropriately and reports are sent in a timely manner.
* Is aware of and encourages the Health & Safety on site.
* Helping to create a culture that is H&S conscious and reports accordingly.
* Drives the use of STAR reporting and awareness to reduce the number of accidents and incidents.
* Financially aware and ensures profitability is maximised by ensuring plans are efficient, empty running is reduced and drivers and fleet is managed correctly
* Maintains on site customer relationship with Warehouse and H&S teams by ensuring that communication is good and issues are highlighted and dealt with quickly and appropriately. Provide accurate and timely reports when necessary
* Day to day execution of the plan, dealing with any issues that arise. Ensuring all deliveries and collections are made on time in full and any problems are dealt with quickly and communicated appropriately.
* Scans and processes all driver timesheets for the finance team, collecting all receipts and sending to the finance team each week.
* Scans and assign all PODs on a daily basis. Chase any missing PODs within 24 hours to ensure full compliance.
* Issues daily and weekly reports, ensuring that communication to business and customer is in a timely and appropriate manner. This includes Daily KPI’s, 2 hour updates, MPG, Agency costings, logs and reports, stats, accident, STAR and late reports and mitigations.
* Ensure all decisions are taken with full knowledge of the P&L implications to the business.
* Helps train new members of the team.
* Books servicing of trailers and units in accordance with the schedule and chases up any missing fleet in a timely manner.
PAYE rates are as follows
£10.45 per hour
28 days holiday.
Job Posted: May 5, 2022
Job Reference: BBBH387_1651754977